From January onwards we will be offering COVID-19 vaccinations at several locations across Rotherham, to be confirmed in the coming days.
At the busiest times, clinics will run from 8am to 8pm. We will split each day into sessions of approximately 4 hours, depending on location and task. Clinics are likely to run on different days each week, and some will cover Saturdays and Sundays.
At some times we may need to cover several, or all, sites from 8am–8pm, 7 days a week – this is why we need your help!
Each location will need between 4–8 volunteers for each session. Volunteers will be able to select the number of sessions they want to support and will be able to claim £5 per session for out of pocket expenses.
Please note that this is a completely new initiative and, undoubtedly, tasks, roles and ways of working will develop as it progresses in response to feedback and suggestions from staff and volunteers.
As a COVID-19 vaccine support volunteer you may be asked to do any of the following tasks:
- Report to the site manager on arrival
- Wear appropriate PPE throughout the session
- Maintain infection control measures at all times, including breaks, such as using hand sanitizer and maintaining appropriate distance
- Meet and greet patients
- Direct patients
- Provide support to the nursing team and generally help the sessions run smoothly
- Help to set up and take down/prepare for the next session as necessary
- Act as a contact point where people have been vaccinated and need to remain on site for 15 minutes
You may be asked to attend a briefing before the start of your first session.
We wouldn’t recommend the role for anyone who has been advised to shield or who is living with someone who has been advised to shield, and you must be aged 16 or over.
If you would like to sign up please complete the form below and email it to us. Alternatively you can add your contact details – name, address and phone number – to an email and confirm that you have read the agreement and are okay with the content.