With the warmer weather, out come the bugs!
Insect bites and stings will usually cause a red, swollen lump to develop on the skin which can be itchy and painful. Most insect bites and stings are not serious and will get better within a few hours or days.
Some people have a mild allergic reaction where a larger area of skin around the bite or sting becomes swollen, red and painful. This should pass within a week.
Your pharmacist can recommend medicines that can help, such as painkillers, creams for itching and antihistamines.
Occasionally, a severe allergic reaction can occur, causing symptoms such as breathing difficulties, dizziness and a swollen face or mouth. This requires immediate medical treatment.